Anticuchos are skewered beef hearts, a very popular dish in Bolivia. They are prepared from a traditional recipe dating from the 16th century.
- 1 beef heart
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mint and parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt, oregano, cumin, black pepper
- 10 cooked potatoes.
- The night before, remove fat from beef heart and cut into small pieces.
- Skewer three or four pieces of meat and end with one or two potatoes.
- Cook on the barbecue with oil until they are flambéed. Quickly remove from flame and reheat before serving since they have already "cooked" while soaking.
- Serve warm with peanut sauce