Practical information
To receive information, enter your email:

Follow on Twitter on Facebook
Specific Purpose Visa

This visa is necessary in the following cases:

- Business trip or work contract

- Unpaid social service

- Marriage

- To apply for a temporary or permanent resident visa

- Commercial filming


- Visa request form

- Passport valid for 6 months

- Photocopy of passport and entry stamp

- Work contract or economic, cultural, sports or other document confirming the purpose of the trip

- A notarized letter of accreditation for the activity to be undertaken and your economic solvency (minimum US$300 per month) if you are not working

- Minors under 18: a trip authorization

- Official Medical Certificate including an HIV test

- For commercial filming visit, a special permit must be issued by the Bolivian National Film Council (CONACINE - Consejo Nacional de Cine)

- For marriage, in addition to the special purpose visa, you must present an international birth certificate and a certificate of no impediment (eligible to marry by virtue of single marital status) issued by the civil records authority in the country of origin. Both documents must be authenticated by the consular section of the Bolivian Embassy or Consulate

The specific purpose visa is a prerequisite for the following visas:

- One-year resident visa

- Two-year resident visa

- Permanent or definitive resident visa

Once one of these visas is obtained, it is necessary to obtain a Foreigner ID Card

Cost of visa: 2500 Bs. (US$ 357)

Duration: 2 days

Go to list of all visas


Comments - Click here to add a comment


Click here
to add a comment.
Visit our handicraft
online store
Join us writing, sharing your experiences, photos, news from Bolivia.
Contact us
Coloured vertical stripe jacket - Pure Wool
$ 56.00
© Caserita Handicraft SRL