Practical information
To receive information, enter your email:

Follow on Twitter on Facebook
VISA formalities

Paperwork in Bolivia generally takes a long time. If you have stayed in the country longer than permitted by the visa you have, you will have to pay a fine of 20 Bs (2 Euros) per day for every day you overstayed at the time you leave the country. 

You should note that Bolivian embassies abroad and the immigration office in Bolivia do not easily grant the resident visa. Therefore, it is better to enter the country with a 90-day tourist visa which allows sufficient time to do the necessary paperwork. 

This recommendation is particularly directed to volunteers who enter the country with a 30-day visa (specific purpose) which does not allow much time to do the paperwork for a resident visa.  

For any information you can also contact the bolivian migation services by phone : +591 02 211 0960, in spanish,  from Monday to Friday from 8:30 am till 6:30 pm ( Bolivian time ).

Bolivia has 5 types of visas:

Tourist Visa (90 days).

Specific purpose visa (30 days).

Temporary one-year resident visa

Temporary two-year resident visa

Permanent or definitive resident visa

Student visa

Courtesy visa

Diplomatic or official visa


Comments - Click here to add a comment


Click here
to add a comment.
Visit our handicraft
online store
Join us writing, sharing your experiences, photos, news from Bolivia.
Contact us
© Caserita Handicraft SRL