This dish is always prepared for La Paz festivals (July 16th, October 20th). It is served after Chairo, the traditional La Paz soup.
It was originally a vegetarian dish, but over the years in some households beef was added to the recipe.
- choclos (corn on the cob)
- Fava beans in the shell
- a pinch of sugar
- a pinch of anise
- fresh cow cheese (quesillo)
- flour, oil
- Boil water with anise and sugar in a large pot. Add the corn and whole favas, and cook over high heat for 25 minutes.
- Cook unpeeled potatoes separately in salted water.
- Cut cheese into slices and fry.
- Serve each plate with one corn on the cob, one slice of fried cheese, one potato, fava beans and a tablespoon of llajwa (Bolivian hot sauce).